ISO 45001 – Occupational health and safety management systems
ISO 45001 is based on both the requirements of the standard itself, as well as on the legislative base, related to the specific manufacture of a product or service in an organization.
ISO 45001 is developed to give opportunity to the organizations to control and improve health and safety, workplace conditions.
The standard is compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and allows easy integration. The legal and regulatory requirements and the constant improvement are two important aspects of ISO 45001.
The certification according to ISO 45001 demonstrates the way the company is engaged to health and safety workplace conditions and protection of the employees from occupational accident.
The elements of ISO 45001 include policy and commitment, hazard identification, risk control and evaluation, legal requirements, purposes and programs, organization and personnel, education, communication and consultations, documents and reports, operational control, emergency situations’ preparedness, monitoring and measurement, investigation of incidents and accidents, corrective and preventive actions, audit and management review.
ISO 45001 can be applied by every organization, that wants to demonstrate the way it’s engaged to health and safety working conditions, to manage and minimize risks of its employee’s occupational health, and to those related to its activity.
Advantages of ISO 45001:
- Helps and improves the management and the control of occupational health and safety during work.
- Helps comply with the legal obligations for occupational health and safety
- Improves the culture of safe work in the organization
- Reduces the expenses for accidents and improves labor efficiency
- Improves company’s reputation for occupational health and safety at work.