ISO 20121 – Event Sustainability Management Systems
Event Sustainability Management Systems – Requirements with guidelines for application.
With the rapid development of communications and social community, organized events and activities from organized and performed by accident – become a whole industry, which requires its own rules and good management. The standard ISO 20121 establishes a good base and opportunity to change the holistic approach when organizing and performing events and activities, as well as the review and taking into account of the economic, environmental and social aspects in sustainable development at the event industry.
The standard guarantees stable framework for business management, as well as standardized procedures and identification processes, removal or reduction of the potential social, economic, environmental negative impact from the running of an event.
Advantages from implementation and certification under ISO 20121:
- More precise formulation of aims and strategy, more motivated personnel
- Improvement of labor efficiency and team work
- Simple, clear, efficient systems and processes
- Improving organizer’s reputation and unifying the requirements and interests with all stakeholders, that are part of the process – clients, suppliers, partners, onlookers, regulatory state bodies, the community as a whole
- Reduction of the expenses for materials, wastes, energy
- Reduction of carbon emissions throughout the supply chain of the organization of the event
- The standard ISO 20121 is absolutely appropriate for integration with other management standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.